facebook facebook
THE HOME OF AINO AND JEAN SIBELIUS

AROUND AINOLA

Ainola’s plot, now around 4 hectares in size, was acquired by the Sibelius family in four stages. The last addition was the eastern part, bought from E.N. Setälä in 1936. The northern side of the plot has always consisted of natural forest, while the sunny southern end was turned into an extensive and productive garden. Some of the apple trees and berry bushes remain. The flower garden with its plants and walkways is still as Aino Sibelius planned, cleared and planted it.

Printable guide to the Ainola site